Last week we spent our family vacation in the sunny Florida Keys. We fell in love with the beautiful blue and green waters, the warm sunsets, and of course the key lime pie! I won't bore you with all the details. But I wanted to share a few of my favorite scenes.
The beaches are sparse in the Keys, but the water is so pretty and the snorkeling is amazing.
Palm trees and moonlight and two happy chicks here.
It was really hot, but the water felt good.
The Bahai Honda bridge is no longer used but made some great photos.
It's cool but creepy with that large section missing.
Birds catching some rays on a sunny day.
The family on a day trip to Fort Jefferson at the Dry Tortugas National Park.
Inside the fort. Arches and old brick surrounded by a moat. It was like a castle in the middle of the ocean. The trip out to the Dry Tortugas was my favorite part of our vacation.
Where we ate:
- The Wooden Spoon - Marathon. We ate breakfast twice here. It's not much to look at, but the food is excellent.
- Sweet Savannah's - Marathon. I lost count of how many times we stopped here. They have filled cupcakes and ice cream that's to die for. We sampled their cupcake of the day and others. Favorites were the pina colado and the orange cream, but there wasn't a bad one in the bunch.
- Duetto Pizza and Gelato - a little slice of Italy in Key West.
- Kermit's Key West Key Lime Pie Shop - when in the Keys, eat Key Lime Pie. And lots of it. This one was great.
- Upper Crust Pizza - Marathon. Excellent pizza for when you're tired of seafood.
- Tarpon Creek Bar & Grill - Marathon. Wonderful fresh seafood.
Where we stayed:
We rented a condo in Marathon. There were lots of good restaurants and things to do nearby.
Things to do:
- Scuba diving and snorkeling are phenomenal here.
- Take day trip to Dry Tortugas National Park
- Take a boat tour of the area
- Drive across the Seven Mile Bridge
- Lots of relaxing and swimming on the beautiful beaches
Go here to get more ideas for your trip to the Keys
All in all it was a great trip, but there's definitely no place like home.
Thanks for dropping by!
If you're new here, sign up for email here or follow along here so you don't miss a thing:
For handy tips and tutorials, go here.
To see my painted projects, go here.
For tasty recipes from my kitchen, go HERE.
For some simple tips for capturing a great photo, go HERE.
Go here to learn about having an online design or color consultation.
And go here for dozens of photos, ideas and favorite paint colors.
Thanks so much for dropping by my little space on the world wide web!